Thursday, 10 December 2009

One


This week, it snowed in the vineyards. And today, this blog celebrates its first year of existence.

The changes in my life in the past year have been rather, well, profound; but I suppose the events of one year, taken from any person's life, would seem as such.

When I wrote the first post, I was unemployed, living in Scotland with my boyfriend of the time, and writing a "novel." Funnily enough, I believe it was, at the time, snowing.

And here I am today, thoroughly employed, thoroughly single, and thoroughly not glancing at that "novel" for another five years (at least).

But: the ovens work the same on both sides of the Atlantic ocean, even if marked with different numbers. Even with a paycheck in pocket, I have yet to master the art of poaching an egg. And single or not, I love me some tuscan kale.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've enjoyed every post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. moey said~
    we love you tess! can't get enough
    of your prose and creative deliciousness....
    we will follow you always!~~
    please keep writing and experimenting.
    i want to be reading this blog
    25 years from now and maybe i
    will have learned how to cook something
    worth eating.
    xo

    ReplyDelete